Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments alone are verbally inspired of God, and are without error in the original writings and we believe they are the only authority in the matter of faith, daily life, and final destiny.
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Peter 1:22-23
2. We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons, namely: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2 Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 3:16-17; Hebrews 1:1-2; Genesis 1:1-2; John 1:1-3
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of Mary when she was still a virgin, and that He is true God and true man.
Luke 1:1-35; John 14:7-11; 10:30; 1 John 5:20
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and that He is the supernatural agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption.
John 16:8-11; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Romans 8:9; Ephesians 4:30
We believe that He is the divine teacher who guides believers into all truth; and that it is the design of God for each believer to be filled and led by the Spirit.
John 16:13; Ephesians 5:18; Romans 8:14
We believe that God, by His Spirit, is sovereign in the bestowment of all His gifts; that He calls and equips individual believers for leadership and service; and that His indwelling presence produces Christ-likeness in each believer.
1 Corinthians 12:4-11; Ephesians 4:7-12; Galatians 5:22-23
5. We believe that man was created by God from the dust of the earth in God’s image; but that when Adam sinned, death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. As a result of Adam’s sin, all men are born with a sinful nature which makes them sinners in thought, word, and deed.
Genesis 1:26-27; 2:7; Romans 5:12; 3:23; Job 15:14; Ecclesiastes 7:20
6. We believe that the only escape from the penalty and power of sin is to receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith; He, who alone is our sacrifice and substitute- having suffered the wrath of God for us and whose blood cleanses us from all sin.
John 1:29; Hebrews 9:26; 1 John 1:7; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Luke 13:3; Ephesians 2:8-9
7. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus Christ, and His ascension into heaven, where He is now seated at the Father’s right hand, as our only high priest and intercessor.
John 20:24-29; 1 Peter 3:21-22; Hebrews 9:24; 7:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-7
8. We believe, according to the word of God, in the blessed hope, which is the personal, visible, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Titus 2:13; John 14:3; 1 Corinthians 15:22-24
9. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ, who died and rose for them, become children of God, being born again by the Holy Spirit; and that such have eternal life, and shall never perish. We also believe that all such are members of the true church, or the body of Jesus Christ which knows no bounds of denomination or sect.
John 1:11-13; 3:5-6; 5:24; Ephesians 1:13-14; John 10:27-29; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:4-6; 5:25-27; Romans 8:38-39
10. We believe that the Scriptures teach that all believers are to be baptized by water, and we preach and practice immersion.
Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16; Romans 6:3-4; Acts 2:41-42; 8:36-38
11. We believe that the Lords Supper is an ordinance given for believers only, to be remembered until He comes. It serves as a proclamation of His death, a reminder of our gathering together unto Him; it symbolizes the fact that an abiding fellowship in the Lord Jesus Christ can only be maintained by self-examination and confession of sin; it pictures our need of constantly partaking of Christ for spiritual sustenance; it bespeaks a unity of the body of Christ, the Church.
1 Corinthians 11:24-26; 10:16-17; Matthew 26-26-29
12. We believe that sanctification is threefold: first, that our standing in Christ is now perfect (2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 10:10-14); second, that our daily walk is imperfect, but we must endeavor to grow in grace (2 Corinthians 7:11; 2 Peter 3:18; Philippians 3:10-12); third, that we shall all be made perfect like Christ when we shall see Him face to face (1 John 3:2; Philippians 3:20-21; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53)
13. We believe that the heathen, even though they have never heard the Gospel, are still lost and that it is the tremendous responsibility of every child of God to do all he can to see that they hear the Gospel which alone can save.
Romans 1:18-20; Mark 16:15-16; John 3:18; 14:6; Acts 4:12
14. We believe that all who have been saved by faith in Jesus Christ shall be raised from the dead into everlasting blessedness; and that all others shall be raised from the dead into everlasting, conscious punishment in hell.
1Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:4-6, 11-15